Deadlines: We accept vendors on a rolling basis. Once a category is filled, we don’t accept additional vendors for that specific category. Certain categories such as jewelry, skincare & candles tend to fill up very quickly. We only guarantee spaces once payment is received. We do not hold spaces without payment (i.e, if you don’t pay shortly after we accept you to the market, we may give your space to another vendor).
Acceptance: We try to get back to everyone within a week; however, it can sometimes take us up to two weeks. (Please call or email if you have not hear from us.)
Who produces the Market? INV Marketing Group, LLC. produces the Chicago Artisan Market. We are also the company behind the Oak Brook Artisan Market, the Naperville Artisan Market and StyleChicago.com. We’ve been doing digital marketing & producing pop-up shopping event in and around Chicago for since 2004 (18+ years). Read more about us here.
How many vendors are at the Chicago Artisan Market: . About 100. The exact number changes with every market as we offer a variety of space types & sizes. Although the floor plans are usually “similar” for our markets — sometimes they are different based on the season, composition of vendors & the needs of the market.
What type of business do you accept into the market? It’s an “Artisan” market (a worker in a skilled trade, especially one that involves making things by hand)– we are looking for brands that fit that theme. We will also take innovators, designers and entrepreneurs who are promoting their local businesses. We do accept a few sponsors at each market who help us keep our fees low for local artisans & makers. Absolutely no independent consulting representing mass produced products.
Load-In Information: We typically send Vendors the floor plan & your space assignment along ~48-72 hours in advance. We include other details regarding useful day of the event information on load-in times, parking, etc.
* Load-in at Fulton Market Market is from 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM Sunday morning of the market. All vendors must arrive by 9 am. Vendors must exit the onsite parking spaces no later than 9:30am so shoppers can utilize our free onsite parking (~30 spaces usually)
* Load-in at Ravenswood Market is from 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM Saturday morning of the market. All vendors must arrive by 9 am. After loading in vendors are asked to park several block away from the building to allow for the closest spaces to be utilized by shoppers and other vendors who are still loading in. We generally will offer Friday late afternoon load in as well when this is possible — however we will notify vendors of this option the week before the market (not always possible).
* The market opens to the public promptly at 10:00 AM and ends at 4:00 PM. (If you’re running late & haven’t arrived or notified us by 9:30am, we will remove your space – no refunds and we will likely not accept you to future markets)
* Address: Morgan MFG – 401 N. Morgan St., Chicago, IL 60642 for Fulton Market and 4325 N. Ravenswood Ave, Chicago, IL 60613.
What is the difference between “table” and “custom” spaces.
The TABLE space option is tabletop only.
- Pro: You don’t have to bring your own table. You come in & fill up your table – very easy for a lot of venors.
- Con: You are limited to merchandising 24-30” above table height (no tall vertical signage or freestanding fixtures)
With the “Custom” Space options (8’ x 6’ | 8’ x 8’ | 10’ x 8’), we simply mark the 4 corners of the space (painter’s tape on floor).
- Pro: You can set-up however you’d like including bringing taller banner stand signs, easels, clothing racker fixtures, etc. – and if you do 8’ x 8’ & 10’ x 8’ you have more room.
- Con: You do have to bring (or rent) your own table if you use one. For some folks, bringing their own table is no big deal – and they can use the extra space.