City Of Chicago Pop-Up User License

The City of Chicago requires a Pop-Up User License for pop-up user business activities (i.e. anyone selling merchandise/food in the City of Chicago in a temporary location).  We currently hold a Tier 11 host licenses in the City of Chicago at both our Ravenswood and Fulton Market Location.  Participation in the Chicago Artisan Market requires a pop up license.  

Click here to see the City of Chicago website regarding Pop up Licensing for Shows and Exhibitions

Please refer any more detailed questions to the City of Chicago’s Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection (BACP) regarding City of Chicago Pop-Up User Licenses (City Code 4.212 – Pop-up Retail Users).  Their office is located at the following address: 

City Hall 
121 N. LaSalle St., 8th Floor
Chicago, IL 60602
(312) 744-6249 or

Links to City Websites with additional Information:

Here’s a link to the City of Chicago’s “Pop-up User License” fact sheet:
Here’s a link to applicable City Code – 4.2122  “Pop-up Retail Users”:
Business Information Sheet (BIS) form:
City of Chicago – License Application Requirements Information Form: